Re: Configuring TLS

--On Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:14 PM -0700 Jay Chandler <chandler.lists@chapman.edu> wrote:

Howdy.

We run an OpenLDAP environment that I'm attempting to lock down.

Right now all LDAP communication takes place in cleartext-- obviously
this isn't optimal.  I'm attempting to configure TLS, and hitting a few
snags.

On the server I've generated a PEM that includes both the key and the
certificate.  I've also broken them down into component files.  Given
that this isn't a signed certificate, what are the options I need in
slapd.conf?

<http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/tls.html>

In particular, note that requirement for the CA cert to be findable, even for self-signed certs.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Engineer Zimbra, Inc -------------------- Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration