Re: OpenLDAP restart required after password change

Dieter Kluenter writes:
>Kamil Wencel <wencel@radion.org> writes:
>> I am using OpenLDAP 2.3.35 and was wondering if I really have to restart
>> openldap after changing the userpassword attribute in the tree.
>
> No, you don't have to restart slapd, who told you this ?

Maybe he or his source is confusing it with rootpw, which is set in
slapd.conf.  You must restart slapd for changes to slapd.conf to take
effect.  Though you can avoid that in OpenLDAP 2.3 or higher: It
supports "database config", which lets you update the slapd
configuration over the LDAP protocol.

--
Regards,
Hallvard