Re: syncrepl, client certificate containing subjectAltName and non UTF-8 chars

Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

 From what you've posted above, I'm pretty sure you're not using
"subjectAltName" correctly. It is not a component of the certificate's
subject, it is an X.509 certificate extension. Read the OpenSSL
documentation and fix your certificates.

A pointer to the good documentation? My favourite search engine does not return obvious results for configuring subjectAltName with OpenSSL...

http://openssl.org/docs/apps/ca.html# http://openssl.org/docs/apps/x509v3_config.html# -- -- Howard Chu Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/ Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/