Re: OpenLdap search does not return all result set

matthew sporleder wrote:
On 7/19/07, Srilakshmanan, Kumuthiny
<Kumuthiny.Srilakshmanan@auspost.com.au> wrote:
Hi

  I have a OpenLDAP version 2.2 on ldbm database under unix with 2500 users.
I'm aware upgrading is an option but it is not clear whether it would
resolve my issue as stated below.

Well, if your searches are taking longer than sixty seconds, or you
expect them to return more than ten thousand records, then things are
okay.  However, you're probably asking for help because that is not
the case.  :)

Please try to reproduce this problem with some level of debugging to
see if, possibly, you're running into an err=80 (this will show up
even in 256 logging), a bug where your database slows way down after
some set number of queries (I had this problem with ldbm), or
something a little less obvious.

There is no point in trying to reproduce this problem as-is. OpenLDAP 2.2 is obsolete and back-ldbm is known to spontaneously corrupt its indexes. Update to OpenLDAP 2.3/bdb, period.

--
  -- Howard Chu