Re: Connection timeout

As of 2.3.28, libldap's connections use TCP keepalives. You should be able to configure your networking stack to get the desired behavior.

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Dave Horsfall wrote:

OpenLDAP 2.3.35

I know about the time limit on the search, but is there a user-specified
one on the connect?

I ask because when our primary LDAP server went down for maintenance, the
various applications took around 2-3 minutes before trying the secondary
server (accompanied by much wailing and gnashing of teeth).

I would've thought that the fail-over would have been practically
instantaneous (which it is if the server in question is also the client's
host); perhaps we have an errant packet filter in the way, but that's
beyond the scope of this list.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM VK2KFU  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (direct) +61 2 9552-5500 (switch)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU