Re: Recommended back-end

Well, back-bdb was introduced in OpenLDAP 2.1. It obviously wasn't the preferred backend prior to that.

This should be ancient history, but we've seen time and again that old versions of OpenLDAP (and the old docs that go with them) are very much in the ether. Noting the statement "the default database is {ldbm,gdbm,ldbm with sleepycat}" is out of date still seems to be news to some users in 2007. (I wish it wasn't.)