Re: regarding hdb

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Arunachalam Parthasarathy wrote:

If i use database as hdb , did it use Sleepycat Berkeley DB package to store
data?

back-hdb and back-bdb both use Sleepycat as their underlying storage engine.

When we specify database dierective as hdb, so I need to take any special
considerations as i came across the following the openldap FAQ -> "back-hdb
tends to require larger caches than back-bdb" ?

I believe you can find discussion of tuning the bdb/hdb cache in the FAQ-O-Matic and in the list archives.