Re: Reg:ldapsearch not running on port 636

What version are you running? ITS#4583 often manifested itself with this message. Upgrade to the latest 2.3 OpenLDAP release (bumping up OpenSSL while you're at it might be a good idea too), and if you're still having this issue you can turn up slapd/ldapsearch debugging, post config files, etc.