Re: asking for new feature extending LDAP: return entriest that only matches in default language

Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> writes:

> Dear list
>
> I am not sure if this is the right place to ask for this, but can
> someone help me by writing me a patch to openldap that allow me to do
> search and only getting entries that mathches in default language (but
> not in other language versions)?
>
> How much do I need to pay for such a patch?
>
> e.g. there are 2 entries:
>
> First Entry is:
>
> o: Company A
>
> Second Entry is:
>
> o: Company B
> o;lang-de: Aaaa
>
> Then the patch I need would allow me to do a search for o with "*A" that
> only return me the first entry but do not return the second entry.

This would violate rfc 3866

> I suspect maybe the patch would accept a special search filter format:
> search for o=*A -> return both entry, this is like traditional
> search for o;lang-=*A -> return only first entry, this is using the
> "special search filter format"

The rfc 3866 states in section 2.3 that, 'if ..an attribute is requested
without a language tag option,then all attribute values regardless of
their language tag option are returned', see the 'description'
example.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung