Re: how to maintain OpenLDAP database ?

Hi Joy!

I suggest you to use slapcat, but its better stop the OpenLDAP. You can make a crontab task on midnight, or something like.

A very simple example of shell script.

#!/bin/bash

/etc/init.d/ldap stop

slapcat > /path/to/backup/backup_base.ldif
tar -zcf /path/to/backup/backup_ldap.tar.gz /etc/ldap /path/to/base

/etc/init.d/ldap start

exit

Cheers.