Re: using openldap as a translation layer.

System Setup:
Windows XP
OpenLDAP 2.3.32 source
MinGW from the 5.1.3 installer (most recent as of 2 hours ago from the MinGW download section of Source Forge)
Msys from the 1.0.1 installer (most recent as of 2 hours ago from the MinGW download section of Source Forge)
Win32 api headers/runtime extracted to /include and /lib (most recent as of 2 hours ago from the MinGW download section of Source Forge)
OpenSSL headers in /include/openssl from 0.9.8e. 0.9.8e binary distribution installed.

I am getting this error with configuring openldap:

checking for ltdl.h... no
configure: error: could not locate libtool ltdl.h

When I try to compile OpenLDAP (I gave up and just installed a version of OpenSSL compiled for windows, and grabbed the same source version, hoping that ends up working).

I am running config with:
./configure --bindir=/build/bin --sbindir=/build/bin \
--libexecdir=/build/lib --libdir=/build/lib \
--datadir=/build/data \
--sysconfdir=/build/conf --sharedstatedir=/build/conf --localstatedir=/build/conf \
--includedir=/include --oldincludedir=/include \
--infodir=/build/doc --mandir=/build/doc \
--disable-debug --disable-slurpd \
--enable-dynamic --enable-modules --enable-rewrite --enable-ldap --enable-rwm \
--with-tls --with-threads

(if anyone has suggestions of other things I can turn off, as this is pretty much going to be a passthrough ldap, please tell me - BDB? I tried --without-odbc, but it gave me a 'bad value no for --with-odbc')

Where/how can I get that source file? I'm assuming it's distributed with some package I don't, but should have installed.

Thank you,
-Jim Stapleton

entire ./configure output for the morbidly curious:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pierangelo Masarati" <ando@sys-net.it>