Windows OpenLDAP (slapd) startup error

I'm trying to look up this error, but cant find what it means. I'm using windows, and this is the error I find in the windows logs:

The description for Event ID ( 1281 ) in Source ( openldap-slapd ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The event log file is corrupt..

When I try to start the service, I specifically get:

Windows could not start the OpenLDAP Directory Service on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 19.

I am using the default slapd.conf and ldap.conf files.

I received the LDAP schema from the original server that this is to be a pass-through for. The schema is in a set (read: horde) of plain text ldiff files from a Sun Directory Service server, and I suspect given what I have seen in google, there is an incompatibility in these files. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me on how to narrow down the location of the error in the horde of files?

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
-Jim Stapleton