Re: force use of start_tls: how?

Andreas Hasenack writes:
>> URI		ldaps://fully.qualified.server-hostname/
>> TLS_CACERT	<file with the CA-certificate which signed the server cert>
>> TLS_REQCERT	demand
>
> The only problem is that I really want start_tls, and not ldaps (which
> is deprecated, right?).

Don't know.  It's nonstandard, anyway.  But I doubt it'll go away
anytime soon.  I can't find an ldap.conf statement to match '-ZZ'
either.

Note that if you do use 'URI ldaps://' in ldap.conf, you'll still be
able to use ldap:// on the command line if your server listens to it
after all.  But that's all I can think of.

--
Regards,
Hallvard