Re: ldap_start_tls_s and automatic CA certificate searching

On 6/22/07, Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:
That's a pretty old OpenLDAP.  client-side errors like Connect error
became negative in OpenLDAP 2.2.

Hallvard, thanks for your reply! After you said this I looked about my system and noticed I had two versions of libldap installed; a 2.0 version and a 2.2 version. My program linked against the old one since its file is /usr/lib/libldap.so. On the other hand, if I compile my application with:

gcc -o test test.o /usr/lib/libldap-2.2.so.7

that linked against the new version of the library, which in turn
found the certificate automatically as I had hoped.

Thanks so much!
-Roberto.