Re: Attribute Uniqueness

>> How do I configure slapd(8) to prevent two objects in the database
>> from having the same value in a particular attribute?  That is, how do
>> I configure slapd(8) ensure that values of a particular attribute are
>> unique throughout the database?
>
> man slapo-unique
>
> Jon Roberts

I have read the man page on slapo-unique, and have the following in my
slapd.conf:

overlay unique
unique_base "dc=myorg,dc=edu"
unique_attributes maillocaladdress,mail

When I try to start the daemon, I get the following error:

line 140 (overlay unique )
overlay "unique" not found

What am I missing? Do I have to install the overlay from source, or is it
something built in?

Rob

It looks like the Debian package include the unique overlay module.

Did you load the unique overlay module in your slapd.conf?:

moduleload unique.la

Sam

That was it! I appreciate the guidance from you, and the others who responded. I now have slapd running with no complaints in syslog.