Re: configure can't find tls

There should be a config.log file in the directory in which you ran configure. Load that into an editor and scan for the checking for... message. That might give you a clue to what is missing.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Roberts" <jon@jonanddeb.net>
To: "Jeronimo Zucco" <jczucco@ucs.br>
Cc: <openldap-software@openldap.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: configure can't find tls

Jeronimo Zucco wrote:
Jon Roberts escreveu:
Jeronimo Zucco wrote:
Jon Roberts escreveu:

Fedora 7
OpenSSL 0.9.8e
Heimdal 0.8.1
Cyrus-SASL 2.1.22
OpenLDAP 2.3.36
I built Heimdal and Cyrus-SASL without issue using the same environment and they appeared to find this OpenSSL install. What is OpenLDAP configure looking for that it isn't finding?

Did you install openssl-dev package ?

No, because I installed OpenSSL from tarball into /usr/local. As I said, Heimdal and Cyrus-SASL (also from tarballs) compile fine against my OpenSSL libraries, but OpenLDAP is not finding them.

Try this:

export CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/local/openssl/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/openssl/lib"

Change it for your corrrect patches. Then run ./configure, make, make test and make install

Hmmm. Those paths don't even exist. I built OpenSSL with:

./config --prefix=/usr/local --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl

which puts the libs in /usr/local/lib, the includes in /usr/local/include/openssl (which I believe configure can find), and paths man, misc, certs, private in /usr/local/openssl along with openssl.cnf.

Again, Heimdal and Cyrus-SASL both compiled with the same libraries and environment and they depend on OpenSSL, too. OpenLDAP's configure even reports finding ssl.h (see output in original post), but I'm not config literate enough to determine what exactly it's looking for when it finally balks.

As for make, ...etc. I'll certainly run those once configure completes with TLS support :)

Thanks for trying (and for your patience if I'm just missing something).

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com