Re: Apparent character loss in Windows implementation

--On June 19, 2007 2:05:00 PM -0500 Jack Emmerichs <beamrider1@hotmail.com> wrote:

Here is an example of the ldif file format I'm trying to load:

  # Test Account, people, my-domain.com
  dn: cn=Test Account,ou=people,dc=my-domain,dc=com
  objectClass: top
  objectClass: inetOrgPerson
  objectClass: posixAccount
  cn: Test Account
  uid: testaccount
  uidNumber: 100
  gidNumber: 100
  homeDirectory: /tmp

I have no trouble processing ldif files for the database initialization
or connecting with clients  The only remaining problem is loading
posixAccount objects.

It fails because it violates the requirements for inetOrgPerson.

Entry (cn=Test Account,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com): object class 'inetOrgPerson' requires attribute 'sn'
slapadd: dn="cn=Test Account,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com" (line=24): (65) object class 'inetOrgPerson' requires attribute 'sn'

Of course, if you'd just take 5 minutes to play with ldapadd or slapadd, you could discover this yourself. ;)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Engineer Zimbra, Inc -------------------- Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration