Re: Question about ldap_init, ldap_initialize, start_tls, LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_ALLOW and TLS/SSL

--On Monday, June 18, 2007 5:39 PM -0600 Philip Guenther <guenther@sendmail.com> wrote:

I filed an ITS about this (#4941) back in April, but it's still marked as
incoming. <rant>Dear Maintainers, not applying patches to the docs is a
*great* way to encourage better docs!</rant>

This statement is somewhat misleading. There was follow-up discussion on your ITS, it has not simply been sitting idle. However, based on the discussion, I personally wasn't sure how things needed to proceed, so I didn't touch the documentation for the 2.3.36 release, and I'm guessing Gavin didn't either for similar reasons. Once you and Howard sort out your differences on how it is believed things work, I expect things will be patched promptly. You may wish to read the 2.3.36 release notes and note that several ITS' related to documentation were fixed, and if you go read the general changes documentation for OpenLDAP, I expect you'll find that nearly every release has documentation updates.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer