To: "Markus Moeller" <huaraz@moeller.plus.com>
Cc: <openldap-software@openldap.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:01 AM
Subject: Re: Question about ldap_init, ldap_initialize, start_tls, LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_ALLOW and TLS/SSL

Markus Moeller wrote:
Does anybody have some sample code of how to use LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_ALLOW in a client program with ldap_start_tls_s ?
Is it a bug if it doesn't work ?

The LDAP_OPT_X_TLS option is incompatible with ldap_start_tls. You cannot use both together. In general, the LDAP_OPT_X_TLS option is deprecated and should not be used at all.

--
  -- Howard Chu