Rewrite DN format?

Hi there.

I'm trying to merge entries from one tree into another, but the DN
format for each tree is different.  We're talking about inetOrgPerson
entries, if that matters.

Specifically, the old DNs are of the form:

dn: cn=person,o=org,c=ca

And the new DNs are of the form:

dn: uid=username,ou=People,dc=example,dc=ca

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.1.19, and I suspect that slapd-meta might be able
to do what I need.

All the examples I've been able to find seem to do with rewriting
suffixes, however.  I need to go slightly further and rewrite the DN itself.

Is this possible, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks very much for any assistance/configuration examples!

Nels Lindquist