Re: duplicate attributetype: 2.5.4.2

--On Friday, May 25, 2007 2:31 AM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:03 PM -0400 Pedro Espinoza
<raindoctor@gmail.com> wrote:

Gurus:

I am newbie to this ldap thing. I followed garytt's installation guide.
When I tried to start "slapd", I got the following error. I searched on
net, but in vain. Can you shed some light on it, and how to rectify it.

/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 77: Duplicate
attributeType: "2.5.4.2"

Ignore this warning, it is harmless.

Actually it most likely indicates that you're using an older core.schema file with a newer slapd, and it's not just a warning, it's a fatal error.

Oh, I was thinking of those annoying schema warning messages that have been going on in 2.3 for a while.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Engineer Zimbra, Inc -------------------- Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration