Modify on Transaction not updated

Title: Modify on Transaction not updated

Hi All,
I am testing slapd 2.4.4alpha with "Berkeley DB 4.5.20: (September 20, 2006) with patches" and I have noticed the following behaviour:

When the client starts a transaction the server always returns the TXN ID equal to NULL, which is is correctly recognised by the server in order to end the transaction.

The extended modify, performed whithin the transaction, has no effect. In fact closing the transaction with commit=true the server answer is "no updates to commit" and the data in bdb are not updated.

Moreover, the modify response contains a particular error err=16672, that corresponds to hex value 0x4120 and means LDAP_X_TXN_SPECIFY_OKAY, according to the ldap.h.

Here, follows the log:

conn=0 op=1 TXN START
conn=0 op=1 RESULT oid= err=0 text=
conn=0 op=2 MOD dn="cn=CRIT-TDP2,cn=CRIT,cn=TDP2,cn=O-CSI-PH2,cn=O-CSI,cn=Camel,KEY2NUM=90,MSISDN-NUM=100,HRS-SubsContName=subscriber,applicationName=HLR"

conn=0 op=2 MOD attr=MTY
conn=0 op=2 RESULT tag=103 err=16672 text=transaction specified
conn=0 op=3 TXN END
conn=0 op=3 RESULT oid= err=1 text=no updates to commit

Can someone help me to solve this problem?
Thank you in advance,
Best Regards,
/David