Re: TLS/SSL problems

Option -X is for SASL configuration. If you want TLS, perhaps you mean -ZZ?

I'm not sure what pages you're looking at that confuse TLS and Kerberos. They are separate topics; for example, the OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide has separate chapters for TLS and Kerberos. That may be a better source to use as reference as you work this out.

You might also want to consider upgrading to 2.3.35. TLS bugs were fixed quite recently. See http://www.openldap.org/software/release/changes.html
for details.