Re: chain-overlay question

Please keep replies on the list.

Markus Krause wrote:
> Zitat von Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it>:

> Sorry for that, i am not a debugging expert ...
> But i can asure you that i am running this on linux system (SuSE Linux
> Enterprise Server), although it seems that SuSE does change some
> packages in a "special" way. the OpenLDAP server i am running here is
> installed from a rpm package from
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/OpenLDAP/SLE_10/i586/.

OK, I (wrongly) guessed you were building OpenLDAP yourself, as distros
usually lag a bit behind with OpenLDAP releases.  Good to SuSE :)

> i also
> installed the package "openldap2-debuginfo-2.3.34-5.2" and started gdb
> with:
>
>   gdb /usr/lib/openldap/slapd -se
> /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/openldap/slapd.debug
>
> after the segfault i called "bt" and posted the result above.
> i am really sorry if that output only wastes your time.

Well, it wastes yours more than mine :)

> if you need some more debugging detail on this (or other things) please
> let me now and if i did complete nonsense maybe please tell me what to
> do/type ...

In any case, to me your configuration looks good, so I guess it's about
the URI you're using "ldaps://" which might not work as expected.  In
this case, I suggest you rather check if the provider gets contacted at
all, and, in case, why it doesn't accept the connection.  As per the
core dump, it should deserve more attention but, for this, we need a
non-stripped binary.  In that case, you might need to build the latest
OpenLDAP release yourself (it's not a big deal, though).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.