Re: should I modify attribute definition in core.schema to suit my need?

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 00:09 +0200, Michael StrÃder wrote:

> In web2ldap I had exactly the same problem. Therefore I have implemented
> a local schema registry which can override server-side schema. I took
> this route since there are so many LDAP servers with completely broken
> subschema subentries out there. The nice side-effect is that I can
> register arbitrary plugin classes for attribute types and syntaxes.

Fortunately compatibility with other LDAP server is not a big project
goal in my case, it's not even a mentioned goal so this problem I am
having now (about 'c') is the only part I found "broken"; creating a
local schema registry for one broken schema only looks like time
consuming and redundant unless I know the 'c' problem cannot be fixed.