cn=schema,cn=config schema insertion

My impression was that the ordered elements in cn=config were supposed to get dynamically updated such that adding an entry with a specific cn={number}commonname... would cause the entries of 'number' and higher to be incremented. Is that correct?

In openldap 2.3.34, when I ldapadd cn={14}customschemaC,cn=schema,cn=config, the cn={14}customschemaB,cn=schema,cn=config entry is not renumbered. Is that appropriate? Is that okay or likely to break something? Has this been fixed or should I file an ITS?

--
Eric Irrgang - UT Austin ITS Unix Systems - (512)475-9342