Re: simple ACL requirement, grant access to modify myself and my sub entries, not sure how to do it

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 00:29 +0930, Shane wrote:
> Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I'm aware
> you cannot log in as an ou object.
>
> I'd has setup and admin user for dn: ou=Support,o=Real Softservice eg:
>
> cn=admin,ou=Support,o=Real Softservice
>
> then create an ACL like
>
> access to dn.base="ou=Support,o=Real Softservice"
>      by dn.exact="cn=admin,ou=Support,o=Real Softservice" write
>      by * read

Such ACL is just fine and understandable for me, but in my case I have
3000 ou in my ldap repository belonging to more than 1500 'o' entries,
and each ou have many persons in it, each 'o' and 'ou' need to login, if
I use your syntax I will need to add 4500 ACL rules to my slapd.conf and
buy a super powerful computer for that...