Re: Delta-syncrepl and latency

--On May 9, 2007 2:51:23 PM -0400 Sam Tran <stlist@gmail.com> wrote:

On 5/9/07, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On May 9, 2007 12:46:18 PM -0400 Sam Tran <stlist@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/8/07, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> How have you tuned DB_CONFIG for the accesslog backend?
>>
>> --Quanah
>>

> Here is my DB_CONFIG for the accesslog backend:
>
> set_cachesize   0       52428800        0
> set_lg_regionmax        1048576
> set_lg_max              10485760
> set_lg_bsize            2097152
> set_lg_dir              /var/log/openldap_bdb/accesslog
> set_tmp_dir             /tmp

Have you looked at the output of db_stat -m to see how things are
behaving?

I ran 1,000 sequential writes on the provider. Then run the command you specified. Here is the output:

According to the output most of the data is in cache.
It took about 5 minutes for the consumer to get the updates.
I still don't know why.

Well, things seem fine from the accesslog DB side. On my servers @ Stanford, the largest latency I've seen is about 7 seconds. I wonder if something is slow on your network.

--Quanah

--