Fwd: rewrite rule - turn groupOfNames into posixGroup

Hi All,

I'm looking for some help in writing a rewrite rule or some other
back-ldap etc to "masquerade" some groupOfNames objects as posixGroups
- the reason for this is to allow me to move forward with implementing
"proper" groups within the LDAP server for use with ACL's etc but to
provide backwards compatibility / inter-operability with clients that
don't [yet] support groupOfNames

I started some work on this a while ago but never got anywhere - only
managed to ever get the server to tell me my rules were invalid and it
wouldn't start - annoyingly I deleted the rules from the slapd file
and now can't find test copy that had them around ...so starting
afresh basically and hoping someone else has done this or similar so I
don't need to re-invent the wheel.

TIA
Shane.