Re: add back-ldap modules

pkoelle@gmail.com skrev, on 07-05-2007 16:57:

I downloaded openldap-2.3.35.tgz now I have to add the back-ldap modules to my own installation under gentoo .
How can I make it?

If you don't have the "minimal" use flag set, back-ldap should be there, see the 2.3.35-r1 ebuild for details. Additionally, you have to uncomment the modulepath and moduleload directive for back_ldap.la in slapd.conf.

OP's asking how to stuff gained from an OpenLDAP tarball build into a patent Gentoo setup (Gentoo is derived from Debian, IIRC).

The correct answer would be that it can't be done (by a novice). Alternatively that it *can* be done by someone who has no need to ask how.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl