Re: cn=config howto?

Hi,

"Wai Phang" <sephiroth.rias@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there, There is this impressive section on the documentation which
> explains clearly on the config LDIF structure.  However, i cannot find
> any documentation on how to go about using it.  From a fresh install,
> how do I go about setting up the configuration using cn=config?  How
> do I add new database into cn=config?  How do I modify the attributes
> in cn=config?  This is a very good feature but where are the
> documentation? Can someone pls shed some light. Thank You.

There is not much documentation yet, except for slapd.conf(5). To set
up cn=config from a fresh installation, depending on your Version,
1. add a database config, with rootdn cn=config and rootpw as first
   instance to slapd.conf
2. create a directory etc/openldap/slapd.d/
3. run ./slapd -h "ldap:///"; -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d/ -f
   /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

To add settings or change values, point your preferred ldap editor to
suffix cn=config and bind as cn=config

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung