Re: Syncrepl logging question

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
<lesley.walker@opus.co.nz> wrote:
When the replication is going through the refresh-present phase, am I
correct in believing that the ADD entries are written only for entries
that didn't previously exist in the consumer? So if there are, say, 20
ADD entries in the log, that means 20 entries that didn't exist at all in
the the consumer database?

There have been a number of syncrepl bugs fixed since 2.3.32.

With respect, I'm not trying to address any bugs with this question.

I would like to be assured that I'm interpreting the logs correctly so I can figure out what's going on, which will will help me to determine how the unwanted behaviour is triggered, which will help me reproduce the problem, and when I can do that, I can test with the new version.

-- Lesley Walker Linux Systems Administrator Opus International Consultants Ltd Email lesley.walker@opus.co.nz Tel +64 4 471 7002, Fax +64 4 473 3017 http://www.opus.co.nz Level 9 Majestic Centre, 100 Willis Street, PO Box 12 343 Wellington, New Zealand