documentation for security ssf-settings

Is there any more comprehensive documentation for the security strength
factors in the security statement than the man-page entry?

"The minssf=<factor> property specifies the minimum acceptable security
strength factor as an integer approximate to effective key length used for
encryption.   0  (zero) implies no protection, 1 implies integrity protection
only, 56 allows DES or other weak ciphers, 112 allows triple DES and other
strong ciphers, 128 allows RC4, Blowfish and other modern strong ciphers.
The default is 0."

I am espacially interested which consequences the different ssf-settings
exactly have. What is really checked if I set for example
security transport=x sasl=y tls=z ??

Additionally I'd like to know if it is possible to set special
security-settings for localhost-connections as they are always secure and
won't need encryption.

Thanks

Matthias