Re: Can old database(ldbm, openldap-2.0.x) work with new database(ldbm openldap-2.3.27)

There's lots of threads on point in the openldap-software archives. In general, threads containing "slapcat and slapadd" often refer to this...

Now would be an excellent chance to change from ldbm to bdb or hdb, unless you don't particularly care about data integrity, ability to do backups, etc.