Re: OpenLDAP SPEC File

Norman Gaywood wrote, on 02. apr 2007 01:27:

[...]

> I think I've fixed your syslog issue ... if I haven't, please send me your
> syslo..conf ...

I don't run syslogd on any of my rigs, I run syslog-ng and my problem
wasn't with syslog, but with other things. I've commented out lots in
the 2.3.24 spec and all works perfectly now, I'll send the spec off list.

So what sort of problems are you having? There are no doubt others on

s/are/were/. I've mentioned problems to Buchan at intervals since I started using his 2.3 srpms several versions ago and he's always taken notice and fixed them at the next version's spec (file).

this list that run Buchan's rpms on RH systems. It would be good to know
what issues there may be.

The issues were generally editing errors on subsidiary config files, permission errors and providing unwanted cron and logrotate files. The one he's referring to here edited /etc/syslog.conf to add an entry with a facility my systems don't use, every time a new rpm was installed.

However, firstly most of these have been fixed and secondly most are probably specific to my systems. If most people who use Buchan's rpms haven't found these problems, then they're probably system specific.

However, all rpm packagers (of which I'm one) are dependent on users reporting errors or unwanted things, but surprisingly few do.

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw