Re: OpenLDAP SPEC File

Buchan Milne wrote, on 29. mar 2007 16:06:

[...]

Buchan has his own philosophy about running OpenLDAP on RHAS/RHEL
without conflicting with existing Red Hat OpenLDAP stuff, and it is as
well to gen up on that before beginning any build. My experience is that
his design is (almost ;)) perfect.

I think I've fixed your syslog issue ... if I haven't, please send me your syslo..conf ...

I don't run syslogd on any of my rigs, I run syslog-ng and my problem wasn't with syslog, but with other things. I've commented out lots in the 2.3.24 spec and all works perfectly now, I'll send the spec off list.

Maybe it's time to start advocating additional standard macro names upstream ... the fact that user addition etc. is macro-fied means that I can actually build some of my Red Hat/Mandriva/Fedora packages on Solaris 9 (just by writing a new set of compat macros that use the flags in the right order for various commands).

That would, of course, be perfect.

Baaie dankie ;)

--Tonni

--