RE: Redirect bind requests to another server

Those are not your only two options. In fact, many Linux distributions are
notorious about lagging many releases behind current OpenLDAP. Buchan Milne
and one or two others keep relatively up-to-date SRPMs, and Symas offers
professionally-supported binary packages for many different platforms.

Cheers,

Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation
Professionally packaged, certified, and supported LDAP solutions powered by
OpenLDAP: http://www.symas.com