Re: slurpd vs ldapsync

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 01:56:47AM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> There are no benefits to using slurpd. I could elaborate but I don't
> wish to violate the confidentiality of your email or disseminate the
> information to any unintended recipients.

Can you elaborate in a reply to me? I have no
braindead-automatically-attached-policy about e-mail confidentiality :-)

I have set up something using slurpd because I understood that using
replsync, the replica would need an access on the master, whereas slurpd
allowed a pure push method, where the replicas have no right to connect to
the master (the master can even be firewalled)

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org