Re: overlay order important and not documented?

On 3/16/07 2:58 PM, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:

Yes, and that's probably the cleanest behavior. The overlay stack is only supposed to be executed completely for operations that came from the frontend. Any overlay on the stack should go through any other overlays below it, but not through any that are above it.

However, the accesslog would be unusable for replication; I see the point: refint should be present on the shadow as well, and do locally refint modifications, right?

I disagree! Since the only modifications that arrive at the replicas (or shadows) came from the master. I should be able to set up the overlays for unique and refint on the master and be done with it. I should not have to waste the cpu cycles on each of the replicas to perform the same operations that were already figured out and done on the master ldap server.