Re: LDAP/BDB log purging

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 10:08:06AM +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

>Installing from packages where details of all packages are kept in a
>database gives gives many huge advantages, this is recognized by most,
>if not all, major OS vendors. I, too, was once too lazy (or ignorant) to
>learn to build my own program packages where I couldn't beg, borrow or
>steal others'. Well, now I can.

If anybody wants to build rpms easier from sources, get mezzanine and
specgen (included in mezzanine).  You can either do it locally or with a
VC backend (version control, ala cvs or svn) to manage your versions
that mezzanine will build.  It takes a few hours of playing with it to
understand the process, but the advantages are HUGE.  The lead developer
of mezzanine has two really nice writeups on it here:
  http://beta.kainx.org/articles/index.php
--
Regards...		Todd
Exponential problems need logarithmic solutions.         --Eddy Dreger