Re: LDAP/BDB log purging

Manuel Molina Cuberos wrote, on 09. mar 2007 13:39:

[...]

I have followed the thread, because we're upgrading to the lastest
stable release of OpenLDAP, compiling from the sources. In the other
hand, we're doing this on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and we have linking
agaisnt db4-4.2.52-7.1.

Do you recommend compiling db4 4.5.20 from the sources and link OpenLDAP
2.3.32 agaisnt it ?

Whatever you do, don't use Red Hat's standard db4-4.2.52-7.1 with OL 2.3: it isn't patched as required (it's from 2004 and has never been modified). You should either build Buchan Milne's OL 2.3 latest srpm configured to build and use a correctly patched, discrete version of db4-4.2.52 or I can give you correctly patched 4.2.52 rpms.

Do try *not* to use source-compiled db4 (in your case 4.5.20) on RHAS/RHEL, as it installs to non-standard (non-FHS) directories and will get you into all kinds of a mess later. As a pointer, try never to install non-rpm software on RHAS/RHEL, this after 4-5 years as Red Hat administrator and having done it all myself, earlier ;)

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw