openldap 2.2 master and (many) openldap 2.0 slaves

Hi all,

just a quick question: Does an openldap 2.2 master replicates with an openldap 2.0 slave?

I know that an openldap 2.2 slave cannot replicate with an openldap 2.0 master. (I just discovered it) but will it work the other way round?

It's quite important for me to know if I can have some kind of compatibility between openldap 2.0 and 2.2 (or 2.3 maybe) because I have about 20 openldap servers and upgrading all of them during the same night would be ... well, I think you can imagine...

Best regards,

Cyrille Bollu
Responsable système
Fedasil - ICT