Re: ldbm bdb Conversion

Ah, ok.

It's just that I'm installing a new server, and I have to import an ldbm database and I want to use dbd backend instead I thought I had to convert it to the dbd format.

Thanks.

2007/3/1, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu>:

--On Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:41 PM +0000 Net Warrior
<netwarrior863@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there guys.
>
> I was just wondering if there is a tool to convert an ldbm database to
> the new bdb backend.

bdb is not new, it has existed since the OpenLDAP 2.1 release.

The general tool one uses is "slapcat" to export the database into LDIF
format, and then "slapadd" to import the database from the LDIF file.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer