Re: Beginners question

Steph,

Let me explain with an example:

I add the group "testgroup"  with the following LDIF file:

dn: cn=testgroup,ou=Groups,dc=geodelft,dc=nl
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupofuniquenames
cn: Backup operators
cn: backup
uniqueMember: uid=abc,dc=geodelft,dc=nl
uniqueMember: uid=def,dc=geodelft,dc=nl
uniqueMember: uid=ghi,dc=geodelft,dc=nl

I add it wih ldapmodify. No problem.
Now this group has the E-mail address testgroup@geodelft.nl in our mail server (CommuniGatePro). So, when I send a message to this address, the mail server distributes it to the members. I know that this means that there is a double administration of groups, but we will work on this later.

When I type the address in the To:-field of the mail client (ThunderBird) it start searching for a match in my local Address Book and the configured LDAP. So, what I want is that the group gets an attribute in which I can store an e-mail address. For a Person there already is such an attribute: "mail". For groups there is not.

In our current LDAP server (SunONE) the objectclass "mailgroup" is present. This objectclass contains the attribute "mail". The LDIF file used to create the testgroup on that LDAP server would be:

dn: cn=testgroup,ou=Groups,dc=geodelft,dc=nl
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupofuniquenames
objectClass: mailgroup
cn: Backup operators
cn: backup
uniqueMember: uid=abc,dc=geodelft,dc=nl
uniqueMember: uid=def,dc=geodelft,dc=nl
uniqueMember: uid=ghi,dc=geodelft,dc=nl
mail: testgroup@geodelft.nl

Unfortunately my knowledge of OpenLDAP is limited at this moment, so I do not know if there is an objectclass for groups in OpenLDAP in which I can store an e-mail address.

Op 28-feb-2007, om 1:18 heeft FRLinux het volgende geschreven: