RE: LDAP/BDB log purging

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> > That's probably it, then. <sigh> So now we'll have to decide whether
> > to do a custom build or find a workaround.
>
> My personal experience is that using the Debian packages for anything is
> always questionable.  I use Debian as my OS, but everything from gcc up
> is built into /usr/local.  However, I would hope Debian would have
> included those patches.

Same here with Ubuntu, which I'm now forced to use as well as FreeBSD
(better eye-candy, you see).

Relevance to OpenLDAP?  Don't use Linux packages - always build from
source.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU