Re: Retrieving single schema attribute from Oracle backend

<ebru.zeren@nokia.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am new in OpenLDAP so I would appreciate if you can help me with below questions.
>
> 1) Once a schema is built on LDAP server (no backend DB), is it possible to fetch only  a single
> attribute of the schema
>
> from an external  Oracle DB and the rest of sttributes from LDAP server itself?
>
> What is required to fulfill it? (i.e. Configuration example????)

OpenLDAP provides a sql backend, see
servers/slapd/back-sql/rdbms_depend/ for examples.

> 2) Can Open LDAP server fetch different schema attributes from different external DB by configuration?

In principal yes

> Or does it require another box fulfilling proxy functionality?

This might be an other option.

But you cannot create an object from different sources. That is you
cannot integrate attributs from different source into a single entry
presentation. LDAP is *not* RDBM.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung