RE: WARNING: No dynamic config support for database ldbm

Matt Sporleder wrote:

> Migrate now or migrate later when ldbm is removed.  BDB is faster and
> offers more backup/recovery features than ldbm.

More to the point- back-ldbm has no way of recovering from crashes and won't
tell you if there are problems in your database. It just starts back up and
continues merrily along. Hopefully at some point you will notice things are
badly broken, but you will probably have missed the small things like failed
lookups due to index failures. Recovery from situations like that can often
be difficult. Also note that back-ldbm is not being actively maintained, so
if you find a problem it is not likely to be fixed by the OpenLDAP team.

To be blunt, using back-ldbm in any production capacity is a recipe for
disaster.

Cheers,

Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation