RE: slapd stopping with no error message

Hi Douglas,

For these kinds of problems your best bet is to copy an unstripped slapd
binary (and any other modules you may be using) from the build tree, start
it as you would normally, and then attach to it using gdb. When it stops you
can run a back-trace and see exactly where it was. Output of the backtrace
can be posted to this list and will provide a wealth of information to
folks.

Cheers,

Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation