Re: AW: AW: AW: slapcat hangs without error message

--On Tuesday, February 20, 2007 1:19 AM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

--On Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:03 AM +0100 Voigtlaender@hansenet.com
wrote:

Its a slapd 2.2.23 (debian package) with a bdb Backend on a Debian Sarge
system. Transaction Logging is enabled, I set the cachesize in DB_CONFIG
to 1 GB. I have one Master and two Slaves. On one of the Slaves the
slapcat worked until yesterday, today it is broken again. The other Slave
is ok. I see no errors in syslogs. My id2entry.bdb is 1,6 GB, in a
complete ldif-File I have 31 Mio lines. Could this be a problem ?

I'd suggest pursuing this with Debian. As a user of debian, I'm sure you are aware that they patch source code with things that are not found in the master source, and those things could always be the potential source of bugs or other types of errors. I would advise not using their package, and instead either getting a prebuilt distribution like CDS from Symas Corporation, or building it yourself.

One other note, OpenLDAP 2.2.23 is *extremely* old. The last release in the 2.2 series was 2.2.30, and the current release is 2.3.34.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer