Re: ACIs and OL 2.3

Alex Samad wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 06:50:02PM +0100, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>> Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not quite sure how it is SUPPOSED to work, but from
>>> my view, it's broken - ACI's don't work with re23 which is a
>>> stable release... ? Using ACI's, I have to access to create
>>> objects - that's what I see any way...
>> Well, nobody knows how it's supposed to work, since the expected
>> behavior is undocumented.
>
> Hi
>
> Is there any doco on this, I don't know anything about it, could your provide a
> pointer to some info.

Browse <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1284.html> in general for
OpenLDA access control customization capabilities, and
<http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/758.html> for more details about
ACIs.  Note, that document is pretty old; something changed across time
(which caused this thread, BTW).  ACIs need to be documented; our
reluctance also stems from the consideration that good documentation
would encourage rather than discourage their use...  anyway, volunteers
are welcome.

> I am presume this is a way of apply acl's to objects ?

Yes (experimental, deprecated and discouraged).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.